We live on a beef cattle farm. We eat a lot of burgers. I want to try have good organic food for us as much as is reasonably possible, but our local grocery store doesn’t sell organic buns. No problem. I’ll make my own and I’ll make them fluffier and tastier and using organic ingredients… I can make better than store bought.
1 pkg. Active dry yeast (about 2 tablespoons)
3/4 cup warm tap water
1/3 cup organic olive oil
1/4 cup organic sugar (separate off 1 tablespoon of it)
1 farm fresh egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
Approx 3 cups of organic flour
1. In a tall glass dissolve yeast in warm water and add 1 tablespoon of your sugar. Stir and let sit for 10 minutes to rise and bubble.
2. Pour into a bowl. Add the rest of your sugar. Add olive oil, salt, and egg. Stir to mix.
3. Mix in flour a 1/2 cup at a time until dough can form into a ball and isn’t sticky. (About 2-3 cups).
4. Divide into 6 or 8 pieces. Shape pieces into dough balls and place on parchment paper on baking sheet atleast 2 inches apart. Let rest and rise for 10 minutes.
5. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Makes about 8 rolls.